Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Great Night!

I'd just like to thank all the students and parents who stopped by the gym tonight to say hi and take part in our PE skills challenge.  I really enjoyed watching all the students participate in the activities and interact with their parents as they got a chance to show off some of the skills they are learning, improving on or already proficient in.

It was also fun to see the parents get in on the action and try to best their kids in some of the events. I think our years of experience gave us a little advantage in some of the events, but it's amazing how kids rise to the challenge when they have a chance to be better than mom or dad at something.  Unfortunately parents, as good as we may be at throwing and catching, we are no match for the hula hooping skills of almost any elementary school student, myself included.  I think I may have to start up a secret hula hooping club for parents in the evenings, so that we can surprise them all next year.  I'll keep you posted on that!

Thanks again for coming out and feel free to contact me at school if you ever have and questions or concerns.